My last post was in June.
I suck. Ok, that’s not actually true. A number of things happened and when the priorities were put in order, the blog fell to the bottom of the list. But that was probably a good thing in the end, for 2 reasons.
First, I’m a perfectionist. I was becoming more and more frustrated with my crummy point-and-shoot camera, my terrible pictures taken wherever without an actual photographer (just a tripod and timer), and the lack of “variety” in my clothing. I felt like I needed a new (expensive) camera, a friend to commit to taking pictures, and a lot more time to get good shots, all things I didn’t have. That was making the process less fun, which made me less inclined to do it!
Second, I was spending a LOT of money on clothes, bags, shoes, etc. Far more than I should have been. Trying to keep up with all the other bloggers out there was turning into a huge expense. And I felt like I HAD to do it. Being broke is also no fun.
So when the priority list was made, the blog dropped and I stopped. And that was good; I needed an attitude reset.
- This blog isn’t about great photography; I don’t have the equipment or resources for it.
- This blog isn’t about all the latest fashions; it’s about MY style and how to look adult as a plus sized woman while looking current.
Here’s what this blog IS about:
- I want to provide an alternative style for plus-sized women so that when they look online, they see women like them. To me, that includes the following:
- I have a signature style: I wear pants, a top and a cardigan, or a dress and a cardigan, or a skirt, a top and a cardigan.
- There are certain styles I gravitate back to: Flowy, open cardigans, bold colors, geometric patterns, and fun jewelry.
- You aren’t going to see me in button down shirts, things that require ironing, sheer fabrics, belts under my boobs or any number of other things out there in the blogosphere.
- I like to try new things, but that doesn’t mean they will all work for me, and that’s just fine.
- My pictures are never going to be professional quality. The goal is to show an alternative, not publish a magazine. I’ll do my best, but don’t expect too much.
- And last but not least, I do this for fun and for a hobby. I am not trying to make money as a blogger, get free things, or grow my following. So there will be gaps (although hopefully not as long as this last one).
All that having been said, I am adding a couple of things this time around. I’ve started subscribing to some beauty boxes and will be including reviews and commentary. I am also playing more with makeup and nail polish, so that will start to show up on here.
So Hi – I’m back, and will be blogging regularly again.