Today was a pretty good, although busy, day at work. I had back to back meetings and a pile of work that I never did quite catch up on. However due dates appear to be arranging themselves favorably and that is definitely helping me calm down.
When I was getting dressed, however, I knew that I would be in meetings (so I needed to be comfortable) and some of them would be with people from other institutions (so I needed to look pulled together). My go-to for that kind of day is black and white!
I LOVE this outfit. It is comfortable but looks sharp, has tons of style and is very current without being inaccessibly trendy. My husband has complimented it more than once.
I suppose I could have belted the top, but that isn’t a look I feel comfortable with and it was more important to feel good about everything.
- Black Peplum Tee (Simply Be, $20)
- Black and White Maxi (Lane Bryant – no longer available)
- Black and White Polka-Dot Necklace (Vintage, bought on Etsy, $12 and a favorite statement piece this season)
- Black and White Lindenwood Leopard Bag (Kate Spade, multiple available on ebay)
- Black Patent Sandals (Dansko Sophia Slide, $70 on clearance at a local specialty shoe store)
- Black and Silver Bracelet (Vince Camuto, purchased but no longer available on LittleBlackBag)
- Sunglasses (Betsey Johnson, also purchased but no longer available on LittleBlackBag)
You could probably make the argument that this top is a size too big. I bought it a size big just to make sure that, if it shrank, it would still fit. Having washed it, I am ordering more (another black, a hot pink and a purple) and will try to order 22s instead of 24 where available. (The darn things are $20 and look terrific with a skirt – they may become my go-to better-than-a-plain-tee tops this summer!)
One piece of administrative information: Part of keeping the blog from becoming more work than it’s worth have been the following changes:
- Not bothering with affiliate links. They aren’t worth the trouble, and no one offers to give me anything much anyway. Still linking back to the products if I can, though.
- Outfit posts on Monday and Wednesdays. If I have more good outfits in a week and can pull together a post, terrific, but I’m not going to put a lot of pressure on myself to try to post an outfit every day. This week I’m cheating and doing the whole week in 1 post.
- Friday’s I will pull something together in Polyvore. Only plus sized vendors/clothing, reasonably priced items, though. There are a lot of gorgeous things on polyvore that only the 1% can afford, and I’m not in that group.
- Random shopping posts as I have money to shop. Or if I find somewhere new that is worth the shout-out.