Outfit snippets from an overly busy week

The second half of last week was insane; big deliverables due to my boss’s boss (the CFO) that had to tie out to the financial statements as well as answer the question correctly, back to back meetings, and all sorts of craziness at home.  The result was that all I found time for was a couple of quick pictures at my desk; no full length shots.  For example, this shot that was taken at 8pm:

Photo on 3-7-13 at 7.28 PM

I loved the outfit (even though my hair had gone flat by then), so I had to show it.

The black pants and shoes were the same old same-old, but I love the necklace and jacket together.  I think I need a stark black and white purse, though.

These glasses are also new, and I think the style works incredibly well with this outfit.  They are a Wayfarer style, which is both classic and retro-chic right now.  More important for me is that they are more than just simple reading glasses; they are super functional computer bifocals.  The lower part of the lens is my normal reading correction (+1.75) while the upper part is about half that.  The entire lens has an anti-glare coating and slight tint to make looking at a computer all day easier.  While I love my regular reading glasses if all I’m doing is reading, the added functionality of these saved my butt this week.

The next morning was more of the same:

Photo on 3-8-13 at 10.51 AM #2

I added a little color and some fun jewelry, but it was another day in front of a monitor working like a fiend, so I was glad for the computer bifocals.

• Black tee (purchased at Marshall’s)
  • Purple cardigan (Coldwater Creek, old)
  • Black and gold bracelet (Coldwater Creek on clearance)
  • Purple and red necklace (Kate Spade, purchased off ebay)
  • Black jeggings (Lane Bryant last fall)
  • Black boots (old)
  • Black and Brown purse (Melie Bianco)
  • Heritage Computer Bifocal Reading Glasses (gifted by ReadingGlassesShopper)

You can tell how busy I was just by the fact that I didn’t get a chance to change purses all week long.

The numbers got to the big boss in time, all the meetings were dealt with and there should be full length pictures again this upcoming week.  Husband is off for spring break but I have to work (meh). The weather is supposed to be MUCH warmer (70s, 80s, and I think I even saw one 90 degree day late in the week) so my spring goodies will be coming out in force!

(The reading glasses were a gift from ReadingGlassesShopper.com, however the opinions about them are all mine.)

Join us! Click the Spotlight stillbeingmolly WatchOutForTheWoestmansScreen Shot 2013-02-24 at 7.10.22 PM

1. Pamela Lutrell says:

Love your fun jewelry…adds such great touches!!

• Rebecca says:

Isn’t that necklace just terrific? And it wasn’t expensive either. Some of my favorite items are off etsy because they are often the most creative. This necklace is one of them.

2. Jean at Dross into Gold says:

You’re wearing my favorite things: black and white, and those glasses! I recently did a post about my new glasses (almost identical in style) and I was wearing mostly black with a blk/wht striped dress. Love it!!!

• Rebecca says:

It’s so much fun to go monochromatic like that! This week though I’m thinking some color is called for! Maybe see how they look with hot pink!

3. Patti_NotDeadYetStyle says:

You look amazingly fresh for the hour! Black and white are great on you, and I love your new glasses (I’m also awaiting a pair from the company, their selection is huge!) Thanks so much for sharing with Visible Monday.

• Rebecca says:

That is the worst thing sometimes; I get a second wind about 6pm and can go until all hours. My husband has to come interrupt me at home or I will work all night!

4. loving the black and white jewlery. beautiful!

5. Diane G says:

I can so relate to the flat hair issue. Ihave been known to crop off the top of my head to make it less noticeable!
    With black and white such a big trend for spring, I think you are right on track. I love the stripes of the jacket and the polka dots on the necklace…very fun!

• Rebecca says:

LOL I have had days when I was tempted to just cut myself off at the neck rather than admit that I left the house with my hair like that 🙂

6. Ana says:

Love your cute stripes and polka dot look. So fun!

7. Lindsay1629 says:

Adore that black and white necklace. So cute!

8. Me too … stripes and polka-dots, but mine in navy. If you must be harried, then you may as well look cute. You do!