Happy Valentine’s day, that made up holiday intended to sell flowers, candy, jewelry and guilt to the masses. My husband refuses to celebrate, so we celebrate the 6 month anniversary of our elopement (the 16th) instead. (We eloped before the wedding so that we could get him on my dental insurance and get his teeth fixed, so it’s not like either of us is the gooey romantic type to start with 🙂 )
I wore red today but it was almost an accident. I didn’t want to change purses and I wanted to wear something bright. The sweater is yet another of my after-christmas deals, so I went with it.
- Merino Wool Cardigan (J.Jill, $39.99 now)
- Medallion Tee (J.Jill, $25.99 if you wear pastels)
- Black knit jeans (Coldwater Creek, 30% off right now)
- Naot Shoes (Zappos)
- Black and White Leopard Bag (Kate Spade)
- Red leather wrap bracelet
- Hematite Earrings (old)
- Black and White Zebra Headband (old)
- Hematite, garnet and cultured pearl necklace (old)
Here’s a closeup to give some detail on the earrings (which are kind of plain but hematite), the necklace and the burnout patterned white tee.
I also went for a red lipstick once I got to the office, but I’m not loving this shade (Sonia Kashuk Rosey Nude). It’s a bit more pink than I want, which is actually a problem I’ve run into before. Some lipsticks pull VERY pink on me, even if they look more brick before you apply. Seriously – look at that swatch, then look at my lips and tell me those are the same. Ah well, back to the eternal search for the perfect red lip.