Another spring day in January!

IMG_1633They are saying it’s going to be in the 80s again today, so I took the opportunity to wear another short-sleeved shirt.  Still, I only get a few months each year to wear closed toed shoes, so I stuck with a pair of those.

I took a little time this morning and found a new way to tie the scarf.  It took a few tries, but here’s a close-up:

Photo on 1-23-13 at 11.07 AM #2

The site I found (scarves.net) it on calls this a Fancy Braid, but it fits my goal.  Color around my neck, a nice pattern visible against the black, but not too heavy.  More like a thick necklace than anything else.

I also tried a new lipstick for the inside picture today; Sonia Kashuk Lip Crayon in Rosey Nude.  The packaging made it look a bit more brick red than it is looking on me, so I’m not sure if this is the best red for me.  We’ll see how well it lasts.

What do you think of the red lip?

Is that a good red lip or could there be a better shade out there for me?

If you wear red lipstick, which one?

pleated poppy

buttonWow Wow Wednesday with This Girls Life

button

1. Alison @ Get Your Pretty On says:

I think it’s a great red for you. It does have more bluish undertones (as opposed to brick) but they work well with your skin tone. And I LOVE how you tied your scarf! Thanks for linking up today.

• Rebecca says:

The bluish undertones are my worry. My skin leans yellow, but at the same time is weirdly neutral. (When I do colors I generally come out as a dark winter, but I can wear an awful lot of the dark autumn colors as well, and my skin doesn’t look especially better or worse with gold or silver jewelry.) More experiments may be called for, which is half the fun of it!

2. Bobbie says:

Its been so warm for me here in South LA too! Suddenly it feels like Spring! I am not good picking out a red lipstick so I think you did a great job!

3. I like the red lipstick on you. I can’t wear a nude lip or I look dead. One neutral color I like is riche from Covergirl. It goes with everything except hot pink. It’s not exactly red more like a brick color. Hugs, Susie @ stylingwithsusieblog.com

4. Alisa Madden says:

Loving how you tied the scarf! All of the red looks fantastic on you! Thanks for linking up with Diaries of A Bargainista! Can’t wait to see what you come up with next week!

Alisa

5. janet says:

Love red lips. I just keep other make-up colors minimal (light blush, little or no eye shadow, I got a red said to be good for all skin tones. Thanks for your blog, btw. I’m a plus size 57 year old and it’s good to see flattering things that either all black or too young.
    Janet

• Rebecca says:

I’m glad you found me! I felt the need to start the blog because I just wasn’t seeing things that inspired me. Luckily, forcing myself to take a picture every day is helping a lot!