A cold and windy Inspiration Monday

I admit it; I love these kinds of things because they push me outside of my comfort zone.  This outfit includes a couple of things I would NEVER normally do: rolled up jeans to ankle length, skinny jeans and flats.  Still, it isn’t bad.

The inspiration was this picture (left) of Jessica Alba ne Timberlake.  I don’t have a shirt taht color, so I went with white.  I probably SHOULD have put my hair in a ponytail, since it kept blowing in my face as I tried to take pictures.

• Jacket – Lane Bryant
  • Tee – J.Jill
  • Jeans – Avenue
  • Bag – Steve Madden via Marshall’s
  • Shoes – Ecco via Marshall’s

Of course, then I realized that I needed different shoes, and that I was cold in that jacket.  I’m going christmas shopping after work, so I needed shoes with some support and a sweater.  I changed into a pair of brown high boots and a navy sweater that is soft and cozy.  Both are OLD; I’ve had those boots for more than 12 years and I can’t remember anything about the origins of the sweater other than it is so soft that I bought it even though it’s not one of my normal go-to colors. I threw on my blue owl necklace, even though no one but me ever seems to notice the owls. I have to admit though, this picture makes me smile.  I was smirking about trying to get my hair out of my face, and the camera caught my hair mid-flip.

Join us! Click the Spotlight stillbeingmolly Covered in Grace WatchOutForTheWoestmans inspmon_XJdT71_zpscbf30840

1. I love your outfit, the white t-shirt looks great and the ballet flats with the rolled up jeans too 🙂

2. renae says:

Rebecca! yes! you have got the look down. great on ya. come see me,k? i’m #5 at the meme. see ya.

3. Susan Street says:

This is a great look on you. Very good interpretation of trend to make it work in your favor.

4. two birds says:

You nailed the inspiration look! You should do rolled jeans and flats more often. And I love that blazer. And that bag! I wish I could see the owl necklace better. I love owls!

• Rebecca says:

I’ve always been a little scared of that look; of it making my legs look shorter than they already are..Looking at the pictures though, my legs look thinner with the rolled up jeans and flats, and not especially shorter (or longer). I may need to try that again !

5. Kezzie says:

I’d have noticed the owls- I am a magnet for any kind of quirky necklace!!! I like your interpretation, the rolled jeans work well! Jeans are the only thing I am not allowed to wear for work so I went for denim coloured trousers! Nice to meet you! I can’t seem to link up properly but I did join in the challenge today!

• Rebecca says:

Colored denim trousers is a favorite of mine. Working at a university I can get away with almost anything, depending on who I have meetings with that day. Sitting alone in my office gives me a LOT of flexibility.

6. Patti_NotDeadYetStyle says:

Love the rolled up jeans!

Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

7. Jessi says:

love your bag! And that blazer is perfection.
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

8. Shon says:

Really cute look! This was so fun and it is even more fun seeing all the creativity! Nice meeting you via the link up. Thank you for stopping by.

9. suzanne says:

I actually really like that first outfit. I’m always worried that the rolled up jeans will break up the body too much, but I think they look great on you. I like the whole look for you, as impractical as it might have been : )

• Rebecca says:

It just needs to be a LITTLE BIT warmer. Or those shoes need more padding. My feet were killing me as it was by the end of the night 🙂

10. silvrgurl says:

i am not a huge fan of rolled up jeans either, but just rolled at the ankle is okay in my book!
    brett

11. This look just works for you, and works, and works! Although I weary of the term, you look effortlessly chic, considered, and just cool. If I were you, I’d never let that studded bag out of my sight!