Today’s outfit is far from my most inspired, partially because halfway through getting dressed into a REALLY cute outfit (that you will see tomorrow), I remembered that I needed to wear jeans today*. So I fell back on something easy:
- Black Coldwater Creek Knit Jeans
- Black Coldwater Creek drape-front cardigan
- Patterned Tank from Kohls (no longer available)
- Black Josef Seibel Shoes
- Tiffanys Bracelet (old)
- Necklace (gift) which is hiding in the neckline of my top
- Filligree ring (Charming Charlies)
I have to wear jeans for a fun reason actually; after work today the local animal shelter I volunteer with (Arizona Animal Welfare League, aawl.org) is doing a “stress reliever” event on campus. We bring a bunch of puppies out to campus during finals week and let the students play with them. It’s actually a neat event for everyone. The puppies get some socialization, the kids get some stress relief, and the organization gets some visibility (and often new volunteers). However it starts early enough that I needed to be able to just change into my volunteer t-shirt and go, thus the jeans.
One of the things I did when I started this blog was subscribe to a BOATLOAD of other people’s fashion blogs. I started reading them to get ideas, and in the process discovered that I do, in fact, have something of a personal style.
Still, I like to try new things. So tonight I went to Lane Bryant (mostly to pick up some underwear) and tried a few things on. In the process I confirmed for myself a few things:
- I don’t like the way I look in a pencil skirt. I know other girls love them, even a lot of plus-sized girls do. I’m not one of those. (And the ankle socks aren’t helping *grin*)
- Even a really blousy peplum-style top seems to catch me at just the wrong place. I need to stick with empire waists instead.
- Drape neck tops are touchy; they can be lovely, or they can look like they are pulling across your chest, despite being loose around.
- It’s hard to take a decent picture in a dressing room *shrug*
Just because it looks amazing on someone else doesn’t mean it will look good on me. And there is nothing whatsoever wrong with that.
Linking up to Truth Tuesday!
Anyway, on the the Thursday Threads Blog Hop!