Inspired Outfit; Stripes and Leopard

Today I’m inspired by another blogger whose post last night made me go first “Wow” and then “Hey, I could do that!”!  XOXOTrina posted an outfit combining Leopard and Stripes that I thought was just adorable.  While I could have mimicked it exactly, I chose to make a couple of small changes.

1. Trina chose leggings and boots, but the stripped top I am wearing isn’t really long enough for me to be comfortable in leggings.  Therefore I replaced those with black jeans and flats.
  2. My scarf is a different style.  I like the scale of the print on hers better but you work with what you have.
  3. I pulled out a short sleeve sweater that, looking at it now, appears to have been a mistake.  I thought it would be cute, but I like hers better.

Still, I think this looks very put together and just unique enough.

• Striped Shirt: J.Jill
  • Black Jeans: Coldwater Creek
  • Black Cardigan: J.Jill no longer available in that color
  • Scarf: Boutique across the street
  • Josef Seibel flats: Ebay
And it would appear that I REALLY need to do my roots in the next day or so….

pleated poppy
GrownUpPlus

1. Trina says:

I love that you tried this and blogged about it! Nice job 🙂 Thanks for the link back!

2. Hey Rebecca! I clicked over from the Copycat Linkup. I am a big fan of Stripes and Leopard print and I just love the outfit! I think the short sleeve cardi looks great with the longer striped sleeves.

Ashley @ Your Girl for all Seasonings

ygfasings.blogspot.com

3. Love the mix of stripes and leopard print! That’s a print mix I’ve been wanting to try too.

Thank you for linking up with us, hope you’ll be back next week! xo

4. Mary says:

I love how you took a inspiration photo and then did what you knew was best for your closet and style. And I love the pattern mixing. Thanks for linking up with us and I hope you come back! 🙂

5. Ange - Tall, Short & Tiny says:

I think you look great, such a nice combo, and great that you could make it work for your wardrobe. Thanks for your comment about my shoes!

6. Janet says:

I like it! As a plus size gal myself, I always like to see pics like this, Thanks!
    Janet

7. Daenel T says:

I love working from inspiration photos. Those are the greatest benefits of blogging and Pinterest, I get so much inspiration. I’m definitely working out of my comfort zone in the last few months.

Taking the inspiration and making it your own is so worth the trial and error. Very cute.

8. Create Hope Inspire: Miriam says:

looks great – I love stripes they are cold, graphic and happy all in one! Thanks for joining up with Wardrobe Wednesday :o)

9. Cute! I love getting inspiration from other blogs 🙂

✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

10. Ann says:

Hi, Rebecca. I’m stopping over from the “What We Wore” blog hop. I love coordinating different patterns and colors, like this, too. Very nice combo!

Ann @ Cairn Cottage (http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/)