When the Swan by Clements Ribeiro collection for Evans first came out, I went gaga for this cardigan; great colors and a unique design caught my eye immediately. At the time, however, it was expensive ($100) and I didn’t have enough spending money to order it. Fast forward a couple of months and Evans put the entire line on sale for 40 or 50% off. I snapped it up.
I wanted the cardigan to shine, so I am wearing it mostly with pieces you’ve seen before: black Coldwater Creek Ponte Trousers and a black tee (that either needs to be re-dyed or replaced soon).
The only touch of “jazzing it up” this morning was with the shoes I found this past weekend at TJ Maxx; these are a Clark’s wine-colored suede clog wedge that I picked up for $39.99; very comfortable and easy to walk in. Plus I am OBSESSED with this color.
- I’m very low energy today; what I REALLY wanted was another two hours of sleep. I kept dozing back off after hitting snooze. I blame it on my dog, who was curled up tightly in the arch of my back being warm and sleepy….
- I am currently mourning my red Coach bag; this past weekend I applied a coating of leather conditioner to my black coach and decided to do the same to the red; unfortunately all these black marks showed up and the bag is looking terrible. I’m still trying to figure out if it can be cleaned up or is just a total loss.
- I am currently bidding on a bag I really want off of ebay; *fingers crossed* Of course if I get it I have to take the similar (but lower quality) one I ordered from Kohls back, which is always a pain. Still, I would rather have the higher quality real leather bag.
- I am going to see a podiatrist tomorrow; my right foot has been hurting more than is reasonable lately, and while I don’t know if there is anything they can do I can at least get it looked at so that I don’t do any more damage. With my luck I have some sort of stress fracture and will be wearing sneakers for the next 6 months.
- I’m taking an art history class this semester, just for fun, and really wish I had more time to spend on it. I may spend time going through the book again after the semester is over. I mean really, the entire renaissance in 2 weeks? That just isn’t enough time. We are skipping huge swaths of great art and skimming over much of the rest. [Being career focused in college is all well and good, but there are a lot of things like this that I never took because I was so focused on making sure I was never broke. Now that I’m desperately overeducated and reasonably secure, I am taking a lot of those courses that got skipped along the way.]
- I am a premier shopper, yet over the past week I have been unable to shop for anything other than purses, and even THOSE I’ve only had limited luck on. It’s kind of strange, actually.
- Seriously, someone explain to me who all these people are who buy $1,000+ purses? I mean I have yet to buy one that cost over $200, and feel generally like I am spending a lot on my bags. Yet the flash sale sites all have bags running in the hundreds to thousands of dollars, and those bags often show as sold out! I just can’t imagine paying a thousand dollars for something I am going to set on the floor, toss around in the car and otherwise beat up the way a purse get’s beaten up. I am not poor, but that kind of spending just seems outrageous Maybe that’s the difference between being upper class and being upper middle class; the latter still has to make choices and trade-offs in their spending, while the former can afford to buy a thousand dollar purse and set it on a public bathroom floor.