This was by FAR the hardest color for me, since there was absolutely NOTHING mustard in my wardrobe. Admittedly there were a couple of tank’s with touches of it, but not enough to count. I decided that a pair of mustard cords would make a lovely addition to my wardrobe.
- Mustard Cords: Lane Bryant (no longer available online in mustard) 24
- Orange Print Tank: Lane Bryant (also no longer available online in this pattern) 26/28 so that it would fit loose around the hips
- Brown Cardigan: Cato (no ecommerce) 3X
- Camel Mary Janes: Josef Siebel Marissa in Camel, found at TJ Maxx
- Orange Bracelets: Lane Bryant
- Brown Necklace: a roadside vendor in Sedona, AZ
- Sunglasses: Fossil
I really needed some lip color. And to smile. More detail on the tank is in the image below.
You can also see that I was in my driveway trying to take pictures outside. I figured out how to make my Canon Powershot A3100 take a delayed image and found a dorky miniature tripod for it. I set that up on my car (not level, as you can see) and took pictures. It’s a start. I’ll keep trying to figure out a better spot outdoors and that should result in somewhat better pictures going forward.
Yup – I definitely needed lip color and to smile. I look kind of (ok, REALLY) grumpy. Not a great hair day either….
Random question of the day: Who are all these people who go on all the flash sale sites (Belle and Clive, Ruelala, MyHabit, HauteLook, Gilt, Ideeli, etc) and buy thousand dollar purses? I mean seriously, I sometimes go to browse and see most of the bags are already sold out or in carts. Who can afford to do that? I admit to being allergic to retail, but when it costs that much on a flash sale, it’s just not going to happen. I think it’s safe to say that, unless someone gives it to me, I will never own a Chanel or Hermes bag. I’m OK with that.