As a plus-sized woman, I have regularly gone out onto the web looking for clothing and styling ideas. There are a lot of great blogs out there (see my blogroll for examples). But I have found myself dissatisfied; something has been missing.
- There are brands that I shop regularly that get no coverage
- The ones that DO get covered seem to be the younger, less expensive brands that focus on trendy clothing
- Many of the styles I see are too trendy for work, especially as a senior professional
- Many of the girls just don’t look like me, both in terms of proportion and in terms of style
So rather than bemoan the lack of blogs that talk about things I’m interested in, I thought I would start one myself.
My goal is to present styles appropriate to
- Professionals; people who work in offices, often in management or customer-facing rolls, where our wardrobe sets the tone of our work
- 35+ years old; While I wish I was still 22, I am 46 and feel as though there are some things that just don’t work anymore
- Brands that carry up to a size 24 at least (and preferably larger), of a quality that is likely to last
- Reasonably priced. That doesn’t mean cheap, but it DOES mean that I’m not afraid to wear it out of the house and feel like I got a good deal.
- Trendy clothing only to the extent that it can be sprinkled in without looking like a fashion victim
- Clothing that is COMFORTABLE and FEELS GOOD, both physically and emotionally
The clothing you see on here won’t always be expensive. Heck, I’ve got a cheap streak a mile wide. But I refuse to give up on good brands and high quality. As such, I’ve become one heck of a shopper, and will share what I find with you!